|

Police Urged to Investigate Misconduct Claims Against Suspended Paystack Co-Founder

The call for a formal police investigation intensified on Friday after Paystack suspended its co-founder, Ezra Olubi, over allegations of...

The call for a formal police investigation intensified on Friday after Paystack suspended its co-founder, Ezra Olubi, over allegations of sexual misconduct. The move followed a wave of public backlash sparked by resurfaced social-media posts allegedly linked to him, some dating back more than a decade.

 

Trouble began earlier in the week when a woman who previously had a relationship with Olubi went public with personal grievances online. Her statements quickly drew attention to a series of old tweets attributed to him, some containing inappropriate, sexually suggestive comments involving colleagues and minors. The controversy generated widespread criticism, prompting Olubi to deactivate his X account.

 

In a statement confirmed to TechCabal, Paystack said it had immediately relieved Olubi of all duties while launching a formal internal investigation. The company stressed that it takes allegations of this nature seriously and will not issue further comments until the process is complete.

 

The Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership (CACOL) has urged law enforcement to immediately step in, warning that aspects of the allegations—if found to involve minors—carry clear criminal implications. CACOL’s Executive Director, Debo Adeniran, said the public reaction highlights the seriousness of the matter and emphasised that anyone in a leadership position must uphold the highest moral standards.

 

Adeniran noted that while consensual adult relationships fall outside criminal law, any situation involving individuals under 18 requires urgent police intervention. He criticised any delay in reporting such cases to authorities, stressing that organisations must prioritise legal responsibility over internal procedures.

 

Online reactions have remained intense, with many users questioning whether adequate background checks were conducted before Olubi received a national honour in 2022. Others debated whether professional achievements should be separated from personal conduct, especially when allegations of this nature surface.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up for the HB Newsletter

Get stories that matter delivered directly to your inbox

OTHER STORIES

Get the stories that matter most delivered directly to your inbox

© Copyright 2025 – HB Report. All Rights Reserved

HB Logo

Sign up for the HB newsletter

By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, and agree to receive content that may sometimes include advertisements. You may opt out at any time.